Following are a number of back-translations of Acts 7:7:
- Uma: “But after that, I myself will punish the inhabitants of the town that have enslaved them, and only then will they go-out from that town and come here to worship me in this land.’ Thus the words of God to Abraham.” (Source: Uma Back Translation)
- Yakan: “But I will punish the tribe/nation that will make your descendants slaves. After that, I will cause-them-to-go-out/free-them from that country where they were slaves, and they will return here to this country to worship/call-on me,’ God said.” (Source: Yakan Back Translation)
- Western Bukidnon Manobo: “I will punish those who are their slave owners, and they will at that time leave that land, and they will return home here. And as for me, God, they will worship me here.’ ‘” (Source: Western Bukidnon Manobo Back Translation)
- Kankanaey: “And God said that then he would punish those who had enslaved them, so then his descendants would leave there to return to this country, so that here is where-they -would-worship him.” (Source: Kankanaey Back Translation)
- Tagbanwa: “But as for that land which will enslave them, I really will punish it. After that, they will then be able to leave there and return again here to this land. And then I, God, will again be worshipped by them here.'” (Source: Tagbanwa Back Translation)
For the Old Testament quotes, see Genesis 15:14.