In the German Gute Nachricht (Good News) translation of 1982, this occurrence of the Greek term which is translated in most English versions of “kingdom (of God or heaven)” is translated with a form of “once God finalizes his creation (or “work”) . . . ” (Wenn Gott sein Werk vollendet . . .). For an explanation of the differentiated translation in German as well as translation choices in a number of languages, see Kingdom (of God / heaven).
complete verse (Acts 20:25)
Following are a number of back-translations of Acts 20:25:
- Uma: “‘Relatives all, for a long time I worked in your midst, I visited you and taught you to believe in the Lord Yesus to become God’s people in his Kingdom. But it has become clear in my heart, that you will no longer see me.” (Source: Uma Back Translation)
- Yakan: “‘I have already gone to all of you preaching to/teaching you about the rule of God. And I know that until now only/that this is the last time we (incl.) will see each other.” (Source: Yakan Back Translation)
- Western Bukidnon Manobo: “I have preached to you one by one about God’s rule, and now I know that you will not see me anymore.” (Source: Western Bukidnon Manobo Back Translation)
- Kankanaey: “‘You with-whom-I-have-stayed when-I-was-preaching about the ruling of God, I know we will not see-each-other again.” (Source: Kankanaey Back Translation)
- Tagbanwa: “Well now, all you whom I taught concerning this kingdom of God, I am sure that after today, we won’t set-eyes-on-each-other again here under the heavens.” (Source: Tagbanwa Back Translation)