Following are a number of back-translations of Acts 2:26:
- Uma: “That is why my heart is very glad, and I continually praise you (sing.), Lord. My body is ready/quiet waiting for you (sing.).” (Source: Uma Back Translation)
- Yakan: “That’s why my liver is happy/joyful and I express-in-words my joy. And even if my body dies, I have (something) I hope for/expect.” (Source: Yakan Back Translation)
- Western Bukidnon Manobo: “Because of this, my breath is very good, and what I have to say is joyful. Oh Lord, I entrust to you my body.” (Source: Western Bukidnon Manobo Back Translation)
- Kankanaey: “Therefore, I am-made-happy and I praise you (sing.). My mind/thoughts are also peaceful, because I have hope for my body/myself” (Source: Kankanaey Back Translation)
- Tagbanwa: “This is what my mind/inner-being can be happy about, and it’s necessary that I tell this happines of mine. And also, my God, even though my body will die, I am certain that” (Source: Tagbanwa Back Translation)
For the Old Testament quotes, see Psalm 16:8ff.