Following are a number of back-translations of 1 Corinthians 12:12:
- Martu Wangka: “And just like one body, we who are Jesus’ relatives are one group of relatives, one family. There are many bones that hold our bodies together and just like those many bones there are many of us who are Jesus’ relatives.” (Source: Ken Hansen in Notes on Translation 1998/2, p. 11ff.
- Uma: “We who believe in Kristus can be compared to a human body. It’s just one body, but it has many parts. Even though there are many parts, all those parts make/are just one body.” (Source: Uma Back Translation)
- Yakan: “Even if our (incl.) expertise are not the same, but we (incl.) are just one. Like our (incl.) body. A person’s body is just one but there are many different things in his body like his hands, his feet, his mouth, and the others yet. Even though there are many different things but there is only one body. Likewise also all who trust in Isa Almasi are figuratively his body and each one of them is figuratively like the different things in his body.” (Source: Yakan Back Translation)
- Western Bukidnon Manobo: “And even though the skills which are given to each one of us are not the same, we are all one just the same, because we are like the single body of Christ which has many parts.” (Source: Western Bukidnon Manobo Back Translation)
- Kankanaey: “The body of us people, it has many parts, but it is nevertheless only-one body. It is the same with Cristo and those who believe in him.” (Source: Kankanaey Back Translation)
- Tagbanwa: “Well, if we think about the body of a person, is it not so that even though there are many parts, it’s just one body? And these parts, they are a single body-entity. Well, just like that is Cristo and all those believing/obeying him.” (Source: Tagbanwa Back Translation)
- Tenango Otomi: “Concerning the body of a person, even though there are many parts to it, yet the person is just one person. It is like that for us, in that because of Christ, we are many who believe in him, but it is like we become only one person together.” (Source: Tenango Otomi Back Translation)